Learning Assistant (Primary Campus)
The Learning Assistant serves the School supporting the implementation of its vision for Christian Education by assisting teachers and specialist teachers in class.
Line management will be provided by the Kindergarten teacher.
Performance Management will be provided by a member of the leadership team and functions through regular meetings, the annual Performance Management cycle and Learning Assistant meetings.
The position holder reports to the Class Teacher (or delegate) who reports directly to the Principal of the School.
Classroom and Support:
- To provide general instructional support to students in the lesson so that daily lesson objectives are reached in the classroom.
- To provide assistance to help students to reinforce targeted lesson skills on a one-to-one basis or in small or large groups of students.
- To work under the direction of kindergarten teachers and be available to provide targeted support to students.
- To assist kindergarten teachers in the preparation of resources and the classroom.
- To provide assessment information on children’s achievements in tasks they have been supporting with.
- To provide clerical support to the Kindergarten teachers.
- To help Kindergarten teachers with various duties of classroom management such as supervising students during class time.
- To take on ad hoc tasks as directed by the Principal.
- To be a positive representative in the community that encourages them to support the Vision and Mission of the school.
- To ensure that classroom administrative duties are carried out promptly and thoroughly such as distribution of letters and information to parents, collection and processing of moneys and forms, submission of internal forms.
- To provide ad-hoc administration support to the school office if required.
- To monitor students and the environment for safety and security. Identifying areas of risk and working with the Principal and other staff to improve safety and security for all people and property.
Other duties as necessary and related.
- DSE level or above with Higher Diploma/Diploma in Education
- At least some relevant full-time experience
- Passion to work with students
- Possess highly effective English Communication skills
- A good team player with confidence, flexibility and resilience