Learning/ Administration Assistant
The Learning/ Administration Assistant serves the School supporting the implementation of its vision for Christian Education by assisting teachers and specialist teachers in class plus supporting school administrative work like assisting the Principal and Office Manager.
Line management will be provided by the homeroom / subject / specialist teacher in the case of Learning Assistants. For school administrative work, the position will report to the Office Manager.
Performance Management will be provided by a member of the leadership team and functions through regular meetings, the annual Performance Management cycle and meetings.
The term Learning/ Administration is generic. Within this definition, the titles of this position include:
1. Learning/ Administration Assistant provides general classroom support to the homeroom / subject / specialist teachers when delivering the curriculum to students.
2. Learning/Administration Assistant ensures the library is organised, functional and ready for use.
3. Learning/ Administration Assistant also provide general support to the Principal and Office Manager in areas like PTA, capital project and health & safety.
The position holder reports to the Class Teacher (or delegate) and Office Manager who reports directly to the Principal of the School.
A. Classroom and Support:
● To provide general instructional support to students in the lesson so that daily lesson objectives are reached in the classroom.
● To provide assistance to help students to reinforce targeted lesson skills on a one-to-one basis or in small or large groups of students.
● To work under the direction of homeroom / subject / special teachers or LSCo / LST and be available to provide targeted support to students.
● To assist homeroom / subject / special teachers or LSCo / LST in the preparation of resources and the classroom.
● To provide assessment information on children’s achievements in tasks they have been supporting with.
● To provide clerical support to the homeroom / subject / special teachers or LSCo / LST.
● To assist Chinese Studies teachers in implementing strategies and activities to support and maximize each student’s ability to learn Chinese.
● To help homeroom / subject / special teachers or LSCo / LST with various duties of classroom management such as supervising students during class time.
● To take on ad hoc tasks as directed by the Principal.
● To be a positive representative in the community that encourages them to support the Vision and Mission of the school.
● To ensure that classroom administrative duties are carried out promptly and thoroughly such as distribution of letters and information to parents, collection and processing of moneys and forms, submission of internal forms.
● To provide administrative support for school administration like liaising with PTA, following capital projects and issues of health & safety.
● To provide ad-hoc administration support to the school office and principal if required.
D. Risk Management:
● To monitor students and the environment for safety and security. Identifying areas of risk and working with the Principal and other staff to improve safety and security for all people and property.
E. Other duties as necessary and related.
- DSE holder or above
- At least 1 year relevant full-time experience
- Passion to work with students
- Possess highly effective English Communication skills
- A good team player with confidence, flexibility and resilience