Fundraising Support Officer
The Fundraising Support Officer will be responsible for assisting the Fundraising Champion (FC) to establish and maintain clear strategies for a new fundraising /development programme for the Generations Christian Education (GenCE) group of international schools. This role will be project based over an 18 months period.
The position holder reports directly to the Executive Director of GenCE or his/her delegate in support of the volunteer FC.
- To assist the FC in discharging all aspects of the Fundraising related administrative duties in support of the smooth running of the Fundraising function.
- To maintain a portfolio of funding partners (supporters, volunteers and donors) for general operations and special project support, including foundations, churches, corporations, other non-profits, and individuals.
- To assist and maintain database of funding partners.
- To ensure that accurate administration of records on the database and within agreed
standards ensuring data of funding partners is managed securely and effectively at all times.
- Import and export funding partners and financial data accurately and to agreed timescales.
- Act as a key central contact for funding partners and manage enquiries in a timely manner.
- Assist in creation and the later effectively manage the fundraising income processing systems
- Develop, amend and issue communications, acknowledgements and thank you letters/emails
to funding partners, ensuring they are accurate and consistent in tone and message.
- Work with the FC in the development of solutions and addressing issues.
- To provide advice on Fundraising related issues to all staff.
- To liaise with all GenCE supporting departments.
- To carry out ad hoc projects as assigned.
- To perform other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned by FC or his/her delegate.
- Internal Liaisons: Executive Director, Principals, Senior Leadership Team, school teaching and non-teaching staff, the Schools’ Parents’ Associations, parents, school community members.
- External Liaisons: funding partners, broader HK Christian community, suppliers/vendors.
- Tertiary educated preferred.
- At least 1 year experience using customer/donor databases/spreadsheets. Ideally some of this
experience would be from the not for profit sector.
- At least 1 year experience in a customer service role. Ideally some of this experience would be
from the not for profit sector.
- Good attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Good working knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good communication skills in oral and written English. Knowledge of Chinese also preferred.