To ensure high standard of support is provided to the School in the areas of office management,
health and safety, supervision of custodians and support to the Principal.
The position holder reports directly to the Principal who is responsible to the Executive Director.
- Manage the front office and daily operations of the school and all services.
- Take delegated responsibility in the supervision and management of administrative staff
(including volunteers), establish work schedules and in all aspects, keep the office
organised and paperwork/data filed appropriately.
- Handle full spectrum of school administration duties including but not limited to petty
cash management, staff leave management, exiting staff management, etc.
- Act as a point of contact for student, parent and staff grievances and addressing needs.
- Lead administrative support for other activities (e.g. extra-curricular activities, school
events, etc) and administrative support to the school as required.
- Work with Principal or his/her delegate to ensure the newsletter is distributed to
parents on a timely basis.
- Provide support to teachers as required (e.g. organising transportation/letters/
bookings/money collection for school excursions, etc).
- Submit the monthly supply time sheets and leave application forms and other HR
related tasks to Generations Christian Education Finance and Administration Office in a
- Arrange and prioritise meetings as necessary and ensuring that the Principal is
appropriately briefed in respective meetings.
- Assist Principal in response to parents and/ or community concerns and complaints.
- Ensure that there is effective communication through the school and its community;
providing meeting minutes when required.
- Work with and support the Principal and Generations Christian Education in managing
the collection, and submission of statistical and statutory returns (e.g. Government
Health and Safety:
- Manage the Health, Safety and Welfare of staff and other persons at the school as
directed by the Principal.
- Ensure the Emergency Evacuation Map, accident procedure, first aid trained staff list are
updated and posted in each class and common area.
- Arrange, in conjunction with the Principal / Administration and Facilities Coordinator,
regular health and safety audits and inspections to ensure systems are in place for
effective identification of hazards and risk assessments, monitoring, measuring and
reporting of issues.
- Investigate safety matters raised by staff or students and to take any necessary actions
to ensure removal or reduction of hazards and risks.
- Ensure the statutory display of information. (e.g. Employee Compensation Certificate)
- To be available to any member of staff to discuss and resolve health and safety
- Ensure that the circumstances of accidents are properly reported, examined and
recorded and that all reasonable steps are taken to prevent or reduce the likelihood of a
- Ensure that all occupants and visitors, including those who will be undertaking work on
the premises, are made aware of any hazards on site and of when and where such work
activities may affect the ordinary operation of the school.
- Encourage staff to actively participate in improving health and safety.
- Keep up to date with the latest legislation and guidance within the area of the role.
- Take note of health and safety bulletins, instructions etc. issued, ensuring that where
required these are distributed. Maintaining a file of all such material which is readily
accessible to all staff.
- Responsible for the ordering, processing and payment of all invoices and statements of account for all goods and services provided to the school or by the school.
- Review the accuracy of purchase requisition/order forms and corresponding invoices before processing payment and ensure the validity of the document.
- Oversee cash handling procedures within the school.
Supervision of Custodians:
- Overall responsibility for the practical organisation and operations of the school’s day to
- Ensure that identified key areas of the school receive priority in the schedule.
- Liaise with the Principal and review the monthly school calendar to identify regular and
one-off school events.
- To organise appropriate training for all cleaning staff.
- Perform any other tasks or ad-hoc projects as assigned by the Principal.