Thank you so much for your interest in working with Generations Christian Education.
Within in our international schools, we aim to encourage and build up the next generation. We believe that each child is born into the world loved and full of potential to bring joy to the heart of God.
We are committed to seeing that our children benefit from a whole-child instructional approach, focusing on their education and nurture in heart, mind, body and soul.
With our dedicated staff team and our wonderful learning environments, our schools are places we believe this can happen.
Teaching Assistants serve Generations Christian Education (Generations) schools supporting the implementation of its vision for Christian Education in Hong Kong by assisting teachers in class and with particular children.
Line management will be provided by the class teacher or designated coordinator in the case of Education Assistants; and in the case of Learning Support Assistants, by the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCo).
Performance Management will be provided by a member of the School Management Team and functions through regular meetings, the annual Performance Management cycle and Education Assistant meetings.
The term Teaching Assistant is generic. Within this definition, Learning Support Assistants operate particularly in support of SENCos in working with children with particular needs and Education Assistants are based within a classroom supporting the teacher in delivering the curriculum to children.
Classroom and Support:
- To provide general instructional support to students in the lesson so that daily lesson objectives are reached
- To provide assistance to help students to reinforce targeted lesson skills on a one-to-one basis or in small or large groups of students.
- To work under the direction of classroom teachers or SENCo and be available to provide targeted support to students.
- To assist teachers in the preparation of resources and the classroom.
- To provide assessment information on children’s achievements in tasks they have been supporting with.
- To provide clerical support to the teacher or SENCo.
- To help classroom and specialist teachers with various duties of classroom management such as supervising students during class time
- To take on ad hoc tasks as directed by the Principal or their delegate
To be a positive representative in the community that encourages them to support the Vision and Mission of the school.
Ensure that classroom administrative duties are carried out promptly and thoroughly such as distribution of letters and information to parents, collection and processing of moneys and forms, submission of internal forms.
Provide ad-hoc administration support to the school office if required.
Monitoring students and the environment for safety and security. Identifying areas of risk and working with the Principal and other staff to improve safety and security for all people and property.
Skills and knowledge
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Computer skills
- Knowledge of First Aid
- Strong organization skills
- Relevant experience in working with children
- Experience with Special Education Needs(SEN) – for Learning Support Assistant
- Working experience within an international school
Qualifications and Training
- Completed a suitable education course higher than Form 7
- University Degree or recognized relevant educational qualification
- Committed Christian
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Caring/ Nurturing/ Warm personality